Sunday, July 29, 2012

Swimming Cray Cray

So my Cray Cray is not a fan of the water. He has always struggled with it. When we were in vacation in St. George, he warmed up to it a bit after being in the pool every day...so i knew he had it in him to like it. So I signed up for a Mommy and me swim class. The first day he cried the whole 30 minutes saying OUT the whole time. After that things went up. He would whine for a few minutes and then get happier! he loved playing with the toy boat (showing mommy how fast it could go) and jumping in to mom from the side of the pool.
Into the second week of lessons, he started noticing the kids jumping off the diving board and became obsessed with it. He would say I JUMP. So on the last day of class...guess what my baby did!! He strapped on a lifejacket and after seeing mom jump off...walked all the way out the end of the diving board BY HIMSELF! His teacher helped him jump and that was that. He went off three times and didn't want to get out of the pool after that. Until we told him there were treats! In the last picture below, he is telling me all about his jumping adventures. What a kid.
To say I am terrified for this kids future is an understatement. He is such a dare devil, but I love that he loves the water now. Goal accomplished!

No comments: