Baby Girl is here! Milli Helen Heward was born 3-13-13 at 11:11 pm. She was 7.5 lbs and 20.5 inches. She has chunky cheeks and loves to sleep! The three nights before she came into the world, I was awake for hours with contractions that weren't going anywhere. So by the time Tuesday night came I was exhausted...and 10 pm the contractions started again. I went into the birthing center at about 5:30 am with contractions 5 minutes apart and lasting a minute. We got there and got all settled and waited. My contractions started spreading out to the point where they were 10 minutes apart by 1 pm. I was measuring 3 cm and 70% effaced. So we went home. I took a shower and went to bed. I was able to sleep for an hour and a half and woke up to some contractions that were a little more intense. Within half hour we left for the center again. I could tell this was it! Things still didn't move near as fast as I would have hoped. I thought with me having so many contractions the days before that things would move quickly. It wasn't meant to be. I labored in the bed, on the yoga ball, in the tub, on the squat bar...all over that room. The day was passing me buy and I was worried we wouldn't make the 3-13-13 birthday (who wouldn't want that birthday...so cool). By 10:30, my water still hadn't broken, and I had been awake for what felt like days. My contractions were 2 minutes apart and over a minute long, but I was falling asleep between each one. Ya...that's a short nap....and extreme exhaustion. At that point my water broke and that woke me right up. I then moved to the birthing stool and 6 or 7 contractions of pushing and baby Milli was here! 25 hours and labor and she finally made her appearance. She is perfect!



It's amazing how from day one she is totally different than Cray was. Cray came out with his eyes open and alert and didn't sleep that much. Milli is over a week old and still is hardly awake. She loves to sleep! I am a ok with having a chill, sleepy baby this time around. We have had some complications with eating, but we are getting it all figured out and it's going much better now. Cray LOVES his baby sister Milli. He has told me she is beautiful and cute and he loves to pet her head and look at her while she sleeps. He will be a great big brother.
2 comments:
so precious...cant wait to meet her
She is a doll....sorry it took so long to get her here! I couldn't imagine contractions for days!!
We still need to see you guys...and meet her now too!!
Hope recovery is going goood.
Post a Comment