Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our project

Alright. So a few weeks ago we bought these two old "totaled" Mercedes on craigslist. One was sideswiped and one had front end damage. So we bought them and started out little project...i mean big project. We towed the two cars down to my Dad's shop and got to work. We took all the parts we needed off of the sideswiped car and put them on the front end damage car...which is a 1994 S420. Here is a picture of the 420 after we got the crushed hood off. You can't tell but it is missing a radiator, trans cooler, bumper, among other things.
It took us about one and a half days straight to finish. We got all of the parts switched over and put all new liquids in it too. It runs like a champ!
Looks like a whole new car huh? You would never know it was totaled.
The interior was untouched and just needed some lovin!
I wish I would have gotten more picture of how filthy we were. We looked like mechanics. That's right...i helped a lot. As surprised as I am to say this, I actually had a lot of fun on this big project...but don't really want to do it again. haha!

13 comments:

Dani said...

Good to see you blogging again Kira! =) Just kidding... I love the car. That sounds like a ton of fun!
It needs to cool down so we can go biking again!

Barney Blah...g said...

How in the heck did you know how to do that? and how much did it cost to get those cars. How impressive I must say!

ANDY, JEN & KIDDIES said...

Very nice! You know I am a car buff! Dat dere Mercedes will run forever. You guys are now wrench turnin grease monkeys. Well done!- Andy Hansen

The Smaellies said...

Holy cow! That is one nice car! Way to go guys!!

Anonymous said...

HI Shay and Kira. It is great to know you have the internet working again. It looks like you had a lot of work to do and were able to get it done. You have a great finished product! Hope to hear from you soon :)

Paul and Malinda said...

Shay and his Mercedes he has always loved those type of cars. You guys did a great job

Gail said...

Sounds like the basis for a new reality show, if ya ask me! Flip this mercedes!! Glad you're back online! Missed you guys!

Hewards said...

Wow that's really cool. I never would thought to take on such a project WAY TO GO SHAKIRA!

Rae Jean said...

Kira...you guys are amazing! That is so cool that you could put together one car from 2 cars...and you are driving it. I looked at your blog, and loved it! Especially the pics of my brother waterskiing! He's awesome! Love you, RJ

The Peterson's said...

You guys are amazing! What a fun project! Hope we get to check out the pimpin new ride while we are in town next month! We really want to get together with you guys, we miss you bunches. We asked McCoy if he remembers you and he says yes! Uncle Shay and Kira and basketball! Hey by the way, so glad to hear that you are still watching So You Think You Can Dance! I think about you whenever I want to call and vote! LOL. Who is your fav?

Nick and Sabrina Zurcher said...

Looks awesome! Way to go!

Monte and Brittany said...

wow! thats VERY impressive!!

amber schmidt said...

my turn! At that Halloween party we hadn't been in the ward very long and your makeup was so good I couldn't figure out who you were! I also remember a talk Shay giving a talk in church and telling a story about wading in the manure!!!